Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Cleansing!



I did something amazingly amazing - I cleaned my closet. Surely to you, it may not seem like a tough task but for a long period of time, I couldn't enter or exit my closet, neither could I decipher which clothes belonged where. In fact, if I wanted to add some nice things to my wardrobe, I would have to use another room bc surely those items would get lost in the fray. Well, with a little inspiration from the wifey - she started cleaning out hers first (and I know she has more things than I do) - and a timely phone call from a Charity clothes drive, I completed the visually daunting task in about 3 hours. Once I took some steps toward my goal, the task became less and less formidable. I began finding clothes I use to love and I gladly bagged clothes that just didn't fit. I even found new things that I had never worn, a perfect gift to charity.






So for encouragement, now is a good time to finish that project or task you really want done. It's also a good time for spiritual reflection. There are some habits and practices we probably need to stop and some memories of our former selves we shouldn't try to keep around. Who knows, you might uncover some things very useful that you haven't used in a while but most importantly, you find out that you are a lot neater than you think. Happy Cleaning!






Matthew 9:17 - can't put new wine in old wine vessels



No comments: