Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The battle is not yours!

Ye shall not [need] to fight in this [battle]: set yourselves, stand ye [still], and see the salvation of the LORD with you, (2Chron 20:17a)
I enjoy this scripture because it describes the level of intimacy God wants to have with all his children. He knows our situations, even ones which we have gotten ourselves into, and while He's not exactly pleased with our actions, He still wants to fight our battles, and get rid of our enemies.

Being a lover of sport, and competition in general, I find myself almost daring anyone or thing to challenge me. Sometimes creating the "I wish you would..." complex for my perceived foes and adversaries.

Yet I receive the most strength when I recall (in my mind) that I don't have to actually fight. Why? Because the battle is not mine, it's the Lord's. He's going to win regardless. As a matter of fact, He's already won! I am the strongest during the moments I truly give situations to God, it is then that we allow His awesome power dominion over our situations - 2Corinthians 12:7-9

No comments: