Thursday, August 2, 2007

Fred is at it again!!

I am feelin this little Fred classic - Clean Heart - from the Purpose by design album. I know I've had it for some time (2000) but Fred's songs never get old to me.
Check out this line from the first chorus

And I am calling out to You for a strength exchange
I will gladly take Your joy for my weakness

The Clean Heart concept derives from Psalm 51 when David asks God to create in Him a Clean Heart, realizing even (especially) God's children (called, chosen, and touched) have to repent on a daily basis. It's just a nice reminder that our God still wants to do business with us even though what we have to offer pales in comparison to what we receive...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

...give me a clean heart
And I will serve
nobody but youuuu...

That is one of my favorite songs!