Wednesday, August 29, 2007

3-way Phone call


I am not the biggest R-Kelly fan, though my wife may be - what can I say, she's big on forgiveness. I will, however, be the first to admit that he does have a gift - an extraordinary spiritual gift - to touch people in song. I would prefer that he were all the way hot for God and only made encouraging songs for God's children but I am also aware of a few basic tenets of American music culture and Christianity:
1. Music - the sounds, chords, beats have a unique history intertwined through many musical genres. Music evolves so we should not assume that a certain sound denotes a certain spiritual level.
2. God is not finished working on anyone yet!

That being said, R-Kelly and Kelly Price's 3-way phone call has received much play on my ipod this week. If you have never heard it, it's on the U saved me album, disc 2 - you can listen to a sample on amazon. It's a unique little piece that makes me re-think the power of a phone call to a close friend.

Have you heard this song before?
Let me know what you think

Peace

No comments: