Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Contemplation


I'm considering the level of knowledge Christ has about me and the level of knowledge I have about myself .........................................................................

You know I still get surprised every now and then when I do something well. I'll say something like "I didn't think I could do that!"

But, My God, you know me so well and you think about me so much Psalms 139:17-18

And not only that, You think good things about me Jeremiah 29:11


So why is it so hard to Trust in the Lord? I mean, do we always settle for the vendor with limited knowledge and minimal experience?

2 comments:

court said...

I'm touched by this entire blog. Thank you Lord for encouraging the Jacksons to further your kingdom along the high speed-wireless-microfibers of our "new age stone tablet". Under the umbrella of "Good Works", I contemplate how much further God intends us to go beyond what we consider "a good job". I often feel that we have no idea the extent to which He plans to use us if we continue to remain obedient. A good job for us, may be only the appetizer that God has in store. Are we content to get up from the table, without staying seated for the feast that God has prepared. I'm floored by Paul's words in Phillippians 3:13 when he talks about Pressing Toward the Goal and winning the race.

...forgetting those things which are behind me (good and bad) and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize...

Those "good jobs" and "good works" that were done in the past, he forgets. Rather, he continues to press forward to the next objective, the next goal and the ultimate prize. It is hard to comprehend what God has in store; yet are we pressing to find out? Its too easy to finish the race after a "good" mile. What if he has planned for us to run an entire marathon? What if what I consider good is God's beginning? Will we continue to reach for what God considers Great? Stay encouraged Family!

The Jacksons said...

A "good" job may just be the appetizer. That's deep my brother. I appreciate the comments man. Inspiring for me indeed